Skip to main content
Who is exempt from SB 1383?
- Any businesses that do not fall into any of the Tier 1 or Tier 2 categories.
- SB 1383 also allows counties and cities with low-population areas to apply for one of three types of waivers/exemptions:
- Census Tract Waivers: For census tracts in unincorporated portions of county area. Qualifying census tracts must have a population density of less than 50 people per square mile
- Rural County Exemptions: Counties with a population of less than 70,000 people
- City Waivers: This applies to cities that have disposed of less than 5,000 tons in 2014 (based on the State Disposal Reporting System); and that have a population of less than 5,000 people