Skip to main content
How do local governments and jurisdictions contribute?
- Establish an edible food recovery program that recovers edible food from the waste stream
- Conduct outreach & education to all affected parties, including generators, haulers, facilities, edible food recovery organizations, and city/county departments
- Capacity Planning: Evaluating your jurisdiction’s readiness to implement SB 1383
- Inspect and enforce compliance with SB 1383
- Maintain accurate and timely records of compliance